Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – Deliciously crunchy and chewy, these bite sized cookies are a healthier swap for your go-to treats. Made with just 8 ingredients and oil-free.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cups + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp (or a pinch) of salt
- 4 oz (113 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used oat)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cups dark chocolate chips
- A large mixing bowl
- 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop
- 1/2 sheet baking tray and a cooling rack (you can get both here)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon powder, baking soda and salt until they are evenly mixed.
- In the same bowl, add the oat milk and applesauce and stir it into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the old fashioned oats and the chocolate chips into the dough until well combined. The resulting mixture should be sticky. We are ready to scoop.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Use a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop to measure out equal amounts of cookie dough onto the baking tray, leaving small gaps in between the cookies.
- Once you have finished scooping (about 19-20 scoops, with the help of a silicone spatula), take a flat end of your spatula or a measuring cup and gently press down each of the cookies to flatten them.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Best eaten with some coffee or a glass of non-dairy milk.
- I used 1.5 tbsp cookie scoops to measure out 20 bite-sized cookies.
- Because these cookies do not have butter, they do not spread when they are in the oven. So if you don't flatten the cookies, you might find that they are very high and ball-like after being baked. You can prevent this by simply using a spatula or the back of a measuring cup to gently press down and flatten the surface of the cookies before you put the tray in the oven.
Keywords: chocolate, oat, cookies, dessert, vegan