Vegan Instant Ramen Stir Fry – No need to spend money on takeout noodles when you can make your own in a flash! You only need 3 ingredients and 10 minutes.
- 2 bags of vegan instant ramen (I used Soon Veggie Noodle Soup Ramen, Nongshim brand)
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into long strips
- 1/2 large onion, sliced into long strips
- (Optional) crispy baked tofu pieces
- Prep the vegetables as described above.
- Identify the soup powder in instant noodles packet. Mix the soup powder with a little water until the powder is all dissolved.
- Bring some water to a boil in a large flat pan. Add the instant noodles and the vegetable flakes (optional) and cook for 1 minute, while using tongs to separate out the noodles as they cook.
- Drain the water and set the cooked noodles aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add a little cooking oil (optional) and sauté the bell pepper and onion for about 3 minutes on medium heat until they start to soften. Add half of the soup base mixture.
- Add the cooked noodles into the pan and mix well such that the soup mixture is well incorporated. Add more soup base mixture to taste (to adjust saltiness level).
- (Optional) Top the noodles with some crispy baked tofu.
- Don't overcook the noodles. You should aim to turn off the heat after cooking the noodles for 1 minute.
- Customize using additional vegetables. The green bell pepper and red onion combination is my go to for this stir fry recipe. But you can add any spare vegetables you have on hand to make this stir fry more nutritious! Some suggestions: sliced carrots, cabbage, garlic, or yellow onion.
Keywords: main, stir fry, noodles, korean, instant, vegan