Vegan Dark Chocolate Strawberry Truffles – Made with just 3 ingredients, these fruity dark chocolate strawberry truffles are the perfect sweet treats to make as Valentine's day gifts!
- 1 oz freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl (preferably glass) and heat for 30 seconds on high power. Place the coconut cream in a smaller microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute on high power. Do this in 10 second intervals to prevent the ingredients from burning.
- Pour the heated coconut cream over the warmed chocolate chips, and stir with a spatula to combine.
- Make strawberry powder by pulsing the strawberries in a food processor or a blender for a few minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of strawberry powder to the chocolate mixture and mix until incorporated. Set aside the rest of the strawberry powder in an airtight container until later.
- Place the chocolate mixture in the freezer for 30 mins to solidify the mixture for scooping.
- Scoop out the mixture with a cookie scoop and place them evenly-spaced on a freezer-safe tray. There should be approximately 14 scoops. Put the freezer-safe tray back in the freezer for another 20 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the freezer and using your hands, roll the truffles so that they become spherical in shape. If they are too frozen, leave them to warm up for 10-15 minutes before shaping them with your hands.
- Lightly dust the truffles with the strawberry powder, and place in mini cupcake liners before serving.
- (Optional) You can also use cocoa powder to dust the truffles to create two different looks to these easy truffles!
Keywords: dessert, chocolate, strawberry, truffle, vegan