Vegan Chocolate Donuts – Fluffy and delicious, these baked vegan chocolate donuts are so easy to make! You only need 8 ingredients!
- 1/4 cup (55g) organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup (185g) non-dairy milk (I used oat milk)
- 2 tbsp (20g) canola oil
- 3/4 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (2g) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (2g) salt
- 3 tbsp (20g) cocoa powder
For the glaze:
- 1/3 cup (65g) vegan dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp (45g) canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/205 C. Grease the donut pan with a little canola oil or vegan butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients (sugar, oat milk and canola oil) together in a large bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt) in a separate bowl and stir until well combined.
- Sift a third of the the dry ingredients into to the wet ingredients using a sifter. Fold the dry into the wet using a spatula. Repeat with the rest of the dry ingredients. Use a handheld mixer on the lowest setting to help evenly mix the batter. There should be no clumps of dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag. Pipe the batter into the greased donut pan and bake for 10-12 minutes at 400 F/205 C.
- Let the donuts cool in the donut pan for a few minutes and pop them out onto a cooling rack to cool further (for about an hour).
- While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze by melting the chocolate chips and the canola oil in the microwave for 50 seconds, stopping and stirring at each 10 second interval and making sure all the chocolate has melted. Let the glaze cool at room temperature.
- When the donuts have completely cooled, dip the donuts in the glaze and let them set before serving.
Keywords: dessert, donut, chocolate, vegan, baked donut