Kimchi Fried Quinoa Stuffed Peppers – Juicy and low-carb, these delicious vegan quinoa stuffed peppers are a playful twist on kimchi fried rice and stuffed peppers. Gluten-free and soy-free.
- 4 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup kimchi, finely diced
- 1/4 cup kimchi liquid
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (I used olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large casserole dish (I used this 13-by-9 inch baking dish)
- 1 large pan
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Add the quinoa and vegetable broth to a medium pan and cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat. Quinoa should be light and fluffy. Set the quinoa aside in a small bowl.
- While the quinoa is cooking, place the halved bell peppers in the casserole dish and prep the other ingredients if you haven't already.
- In the same pan in which you cooked the quinoa, add the oil and yellow onion and stir fry on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the onions have softened. Add the cooked quinoa, kimchi and kimchi liquid and gently stir until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pan from heat.
- Stuff the halved bell peppers with the kimchi fried quinoa stuffing, making sure to pack them down fully with a small spoon. (Optional: Top with vegan cheese). Then bake for 40 minutes.
- The kimchi fried quinoa stuffed peppers are ready to eat! Serve on its own or with roasted veggies for a delicious meal.
Keywords: kimchi, quinoa, stuffed peppers, fried rice, korean, asian, wfpb